Re: Fram 3600 - last question

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fram 3600 - last question
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 00:39:20 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, dhoward@jht.com, 105671.471@compuserve.com, 74137.3420@compuserve.com
Dan,
Since this thread began, I had called several Auto parts stores seeking data on
all those referenced filters, so I could rationalize the who affair.  Here are
my
thoughts:

1.  The TR6 filter mounts downward, making the anti drain-back valve
unnecessary.

2. Apparantly all the oil filters have bypass valves built in.  The only
difference appears to be the pressure at which that valve actuates.  And I'm
with
you there Pal.  Any properly maintained engine should never require a bypass
valve, because it should never become clogged.

3. After checking several different types of filters from various sources, they
all appear to be about equal.  (FRAM, Motorcraft, WIX and carcraft)  BTW
carcraft
filters are made by WIX.

Now that is about as clear as the oil in my Spit.  (Actually the oil that "was"
in
my Spit and is now on my shop floor.)

Joe Curry

P.S. My scanner is supposed to be here tomorrow.  If I can get it running, I'll
send those "axe" shots I promised.