Re: K&N air filters -

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: K&N air filters -
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:39:18 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry,

At 08:07 16/01/98 -0800, you wrote:

>... you would be surprised at the amount of stuff you sniff in,
>especially being so low the the ground - I've often wondered how sand gets
>into the air cleaners on the truck!! and I don't drive off road - you can
>just imagine what that could do to your cylinder walls!

I agree, but I've always wondered about those hot rods with 6"-8" ram tubes
sticking up on top of the Webers, or whatever, with no eviddence of air
filtering. Do they simply expect to rebuild their engines so frequently that
they don't worry about airborne abrasives?

Comments, anybody?
Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia