K&N air filters -

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: K&N air filters -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 06:23:11 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just took the GT6+ with it's new, just installed K&N air filter assemblies
out for the drive to work today (finally got them about a month ago after
being on back order since Triumphest!).  I was a little concerned about
running these because of some of the problems, jetting, loss of top end
power, etc. I had heard with others having installed K&N's.  Maybe the car
had been running slightly rich all this time (new replacement carbs last
year, and crane electronics with a Lucas gold sport coil/no ballast), but
the car has never run better.  No more slight stumble, and occasional miss
at full throttle.  Just smooooth power.  I had forgotten however how much
the stock intake housing and air cleaners quiet the induction noise.  You
certainly can hear the induction hiss turn to a growl when you step on it.
I will keep the stock air cleaner for the shows, but the K&N's will
definitely be on it whenever I drive it for any length! - On of the easiest
performance mod I've ever made!

Barry Schwartz   (San Diego)
bschwart@pacbell.net

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (When I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spit (Currently undergoing a frame off)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler)