TR shield or world....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR shield or world....
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:11:09 EST
Maybe the shield on YOUR Triumph represents "The Gates of Hell" but the one
that appears
on my steering wheel center and shift knob is a stylized version of the
Standard (as in
Standard-Triumph) "Standard" as in what was carried at the head of a Roman
Legion... I'm
pretty sure that the "Open Book" symbol originated in this way. At least I
think I read
it on a "Standard Cars" website...

Now My TR4A has a WAY cool WORLD symbol on its bonnet... I was very pleased to
see
something very like it on the earliest extant Triumph, a '20's 10/23(? Triumph
World this
past summer)...did anyone notice the Triumph script on the engine block was the
Triumph
motorcycle script?

"Open Book" = History is an open book...write some with your Triumph...
"World"= Triumph over the World (Like the Spitfires at Le Mans in '63)
"The difference between a horse and a goat is more than a pair of horns..." -
"Kas" Kastner

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando