Re: TR shield or world....

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: TR shield or world....
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:26:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey,
Here's another possibility for a long running thread.  The difference in the
meaning of
"Standard".  As it was originally used by the company responsible for out
"loves", the term (as
Chris states) was meant as the "Banner" or symbol of honor.  Here in the good
ole US of A,
standard has taken on a completely different connotation, and generally is
accepted as meaning
"plain Jane" as in the standard old stuff (not the deluxe version).  So it's no
wonder that
Triumph dropped all the allusions to "Standard" on the US cars that they
exported.

Joe Curry