sandblasting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: sandblasting
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:30:25 -0600 (CST)
I am blasting front suspension pieces before reassembling with new poly
bushes.  This is a winter project and I found it so uncomfortable that I
quit in the middle and am building myself a blasting cabinet. (I was doing
it outside in 20 degree weather aiming into a 5 gallon bucket, trying to
save a little of the sand!!)
It is 4' by 2' with a tempered window, glove holes, light ect.  Also has an
inverted pyramid type section in the bottom so I can drain media out and
change to differant for various jobs.

This is made from plywood with plans I bought from a company called TIP in
Ohio.  No interest bla bla.  Their toll free number is 800-321-9260.  Call
for a catalogue, they have everything imaginable for blasting.  They will
sell you parts to complete your home made cabinet such as tempered glass
window with frame, gloves, light, trap door ect.  I have $50 in plywood and
$70 to $80 in other parts I bought including the window, frame and pick up tube.

I really got tired of trying to keep myself covered outside while blasting,
and then finding sand all over me all evening in the house afterward.  This
thing is really comming together nicely and I can't wait to put it to use
and be comfortable at the same time!  However, to the guy talking about
blasting a frame.......I wouldn't do it with mine as it would be much to
slow.  My 5 horse shop compressor is fine for small parts such as suspension
pieces ect., but I would probably farm a frame out or rent a big commercial
compressor.
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Wellman, Iowa