Re: Fram PH3600 Oil Filter

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fram PH3600 Oil Filter
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:06:57 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Dan,

        RE: "why would a bypass valve be important?"

        I'm not a mechanical engineer, so I'm guessing. I do run 20W-50 oil
year round however, as I only drive occasionally in the winter and my
30-year old engine might be less happy with 10W-40. If you've ever seen 20W
oil at even 35 or 40 degrees, it's no great stretch of the imagination to
think that perhaps some of it might be bypassed during engine warmup. As I
said, I don't know, and since the stock engine had a bypass, I thought I'd
keep it that way.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L