Fram PH3600 Oil Filter

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fram PH3600 Oil Filter
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:53:55 -0500
        Triumphisti,

        At the risk of reopening the dreaded spin-on oil filter thread, I
have a question concerning the Fram PH3600 filter. As I recall, we
concluded the last round with the verdict that this filter had both a
drainback valve and a bypass valve. Today at Trak Auto, I was comparing
filters and I could see the drainback valve, but no evidence of a bypass
valve. I went with the Motorcraft FL-400A, which obviously had both
features.

        To the lister who suggested the Fram, are you sure it has a bypass?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L