Re: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:04:34 EST
In a message dated 14/01/98  09:42:14, you write:

<< Subj:         Re: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs
 Date:  14/01/98  09:42:14
 From:  RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
 To:    GuyotLeonF@AOL.COM (GuyotLeonF)
 CC:    RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@autox.team.net,
RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

 >Hi Rich,Firstly I'm a 'little' surprised to read of your apparent concern
 >about offending someone? It's never stopped you before :-)

 Hmmmm, Perhaps I'm getting old!! :-)

>>It comes to us all,Rich,even you!

 >Secondly,I expect some of our concours (note spelling) entrants,might
possibly
 >think the same of you?

 Very probable, but I'm not the person who spends thousands on a car to make
it
 immaculate and 'as new' to then only drive it a couple of thousand miles a
 year when it's finished just so as I can win some poxy trophy!!!

>>OK,but it is their money,time,effort etc and it is entirely their
choice,just the same as it is yours to do the exact opposite!
(nb.is that why you think I built my Vitesse? to win pots?)

(Although,even I agree that some of them occassionally earn the description
you used,

 Ah Ha, we agree, a bit! :-)

>>It had to happen.

but we have room for all types in our Triumph clubs? Don't we?)

Hmmmmmm, I don't know, personnally I think our club(Ooops, I'm no longer a
member)

>>then why am I still talking to you??? ;-)

has got too Concours(Note my corrected spelling :-))

>>duly noted

orientated to the point that the cars are hardly ever used on a daily basis,
and all the people at the shows just want to polish the damn things and not
have any fun,

>>Actually,the 'club' doesn't really 'orientate' the concours,as such.
It has always been like that right back to the earliest days of the club in
1977,and indeed long before the club ever came into existence.
In fact,there have been concours events from the invention of the motor car.
And in any type of competition in any club anywhere,there must be rules to
play by.
It is of course,up to the owners to use there cars exactly how they please,and
more to the point,how do you know they are not having fun? perhaps their
definition of fun is at variance with yours?
(Personally,I treasure my Triumphs because I want to keep them until my
licence is pulled from my gnarled-old paws,in many years time!)

I think the Dutch spitfire weekend has found a happy medium in that the
judging is very informal and isn't the highlight of the weekend, instead more
emphasis is
placed on The Saturday night party and the Sunday morning run out around the
Dutch countryside.

>>Where most of the partygoers are British and not actually members of The
Spitfire Club of the Netherlands!

ps, I'm not singling out the Dutch Spitfire Club out of obligation for winning
their 'Worst Car of Weekend' award twice! :-) :-)

>>Well deserved too.

OK, I've said my piece, let the battle commence!!!! :-)

 Rich

>>Leon
(not really terribly interested in this concours verses non-concours argument
any longer.