Re: Spitfire Gauge Repair

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Gauge Repair
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:56:24 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Hap, Joe,

Thanks for the response, you two were right.  I couldn't see the ears
because of the square rubber ring that was covering them.  I did have
to bend the ears up slightly to get it to rotate.  Once I pulled it
off the o-ring inside was nothing but a pile of dust.  I hope the
hardware store has a variety of sizes to choose from?  Or what do you
think about the use of a small silicone bead instead.  (or would
this keep it from ever coming off again).

> housing.  Turning the bezel will "lock" it in place.  There is an
> o-ring that fits inside the bezel between the bezel and housing.
> Over time this o-ring will harden and make it difficult to turn the
> bezel and align the tabs and slots to remove the bezel.  I have used
> various products such as WD-40 or Liquid Wrench to try to soak and

At times I wish I hadn't bought the book, Guide to Originality"!  Now
I know what I don't have!

Thanks guys
Brad
1964 Spitfire4