Help with TR water pump seal & fatigued frame!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Help with TR water pump seal & fatigued frame!
From: Major Tom <majortom@poi.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:04:25 -1000
I've a couple 68 TR-250's, a 64 TR4A, One 250 is a daily driver.

The frame on both sides front of my daily driver, named Nigel Wrench for
all the special tools it requires to be a daily driver, has a fatigued
frame and continues to crack, though it's been welded a number of times.
This reoccurs at the second cross brace cracking away from the rails and
the rails crack and twist where the rear botom A frame is attached to the
frame.

Does anyone know of any reinforcement kits to resolve this problem?

I'm doing a frame off on the other 250, and wondered if there's a
reinforcement for the differential mounts as well?

Also I have a couple water pumps that need new seals. I understand that
Massey Furgenson (Sp) seals fit. But here in Hawaii finding seals is a
trip. I find that $100 for a pump inc shipping is a bit much, for a $3
seal. Does anyone know of a source for a seal?

Thanks

MT
2-68 TR250's (both with OD and Surrey) 1-64 TR4A, 1-68 AH 3000 Mk3, 1-79
E250 (with a tow bar)