TR6 Carb Alternatives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Carb Alternatives
From: Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:58:16 -0600
Gang,

I'm in the process of doing a total rebuild on the '75 TR6 engine and
thought I'd try to squeeze a few extra horses out of her while I was at it.
 I'm going to go with the usual updgrades like headers, mild cam, 10:1
compression, etc.  In the carburetion department, I'm currently considering
the following alternatives:

-Stay with the stock carbs (boring!)
-Get a full rack of Webers
-Bold on Fuel Injection System from Total Advance Corporation

I'd be interested in opinions and tradeoffs for these alternatives.  I'm
particularly intrigued by the fuel injection system.  Has anyone had any
experience with this product or with the company?  They have a description
of the product at http://www.totaladvance.com/tr6.htm

Along the same lines, I'm planning to install an electric fuel pump and
would welcome comments and suggestions here as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Schroeder
'75 TR-6 ( http://www.centrec.com/people/rcs/mybrits/tr-6.htm )