Re: SU carb problem

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: SU carb problem
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 05:53:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Karim writes:
>  snip  >
> The one problem is that the rear carb's
>piston rises very slowly when pushed up with a screwdriver. It falls
>just as nicely as the front carb's piston, but there's too much resistance
>in the dampner for it to rise as easily. If I take out the dampner (the
>little
>rod that you remove to ad carb oil), the piston rises correctly.
>Also, pushing the dampner back in requires more pressure than doing so
>on the front carb. I am using the correct weight of oil.
**********************************
Try switching the dampers, not the pistons, but the damper rods.  If the
problem switches to the other carb. then you've found the problem.  Damper
rod's are still available - if it's not that, I can't say without looking
at the carbs -

Barry Schwartz   (San Diego)
bschwart@pacbell.net

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (When I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spit (Currently undergoing a frame off)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler)