My car stalls when Hot, and its not as simple as you would think.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My car stalls when Hot, and its not as simple as you would think.
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:35:54 +0000
My car stalls, when the tickover is normal its about 800 rpm,
but when the engins warm (a miles drive) it alway stalls.

I have found a way of suppressing it, this is to take off
and block up the engin brether, carb side, and leave the
engin side open.

There is a definat flow of are from the breather, is this normal?

This air is damp, should it be?

When fitting the head gasget there was a slight coolent leak,
but I fixed this and canged the oil, and it has been OK for
300 miles.

I reasently put on a diferent distributer, but because the
centrafugal advance does not actuate at 600-800 I presume
that this is not it.

The timing seems correct, I have used both static and
dynamic methods.

When it stalls it just fades out.

The engin will not go over 4500 rmp in second.

It was tuned quite well, and is balanced correctly.

Any ideas, it's starting to get to me, because I can
normaly figure thing out.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a "Previous Idiot Owner" and me