Re: Retaping wiring harness

To: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Retaping wiring harness
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:27:07 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Joseph Sholtes wrote:

>    I was thinking of doing the same to my 250.  Are the TR250
> harnesses (harnessi ?) supposed to be wrapped with a
> non-adhesive vinyl tape?  I was just going to use regular
> 3M electrical tape; black for the front, grey for the rear.

Lee Valley Tools, and I suspect other specialty-hardware type stores, sell
a product that is best described as "non-adhesive silicone tape"- it
sticks only to itself (something to do with cross-molecular bonds) and
it's waterproof.  I don't think it would be fun to try to remove this
stuff, but I guess it would work for harnesses.  Probably better for hose
repair.

yet another option...

-Malcolm