Re: honesty... and "cash"

To: 1- Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: honesty... and "cash"
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:25:39 +0100
Justin,
that probably goes well for You Americans and Your domestic business...

But I doubt if You, or Your bank, would be fully satisfied if I sent
You one of my checks from over here when I order a pair of Your nice
new Spitfire head gaskets... Or am I wrong?

All the business I've done with people on [and off] this nice list
have been done by mailing cash and notifying the other party about
when I mailed it. I've bought VERY hard to come by parts from the
other side of the Atlantic some times [as some of You know...] and
it has always worked out just fine. For instance I bought a second
set of Speedbleeders only recently and got the wrong thread on two
of them (NOT their fault - VW Jettas in the US seems to have different
rear brakes compared to ours in Sweden...], mailed them back and
received the correct pair VERY fast. No problem. And he also got paid
with cash in a letter. Easiest way for me - I save the equivalent
of ~ USD 7 each time [the cost at the bank for an Internationally
negotiable check] and a couple of times of such wins equals the
eventual loss on a letter gone astray in the mail... And for the
seller: nice, plain greenbacks...

SHOULD a letter go missing, OK then I only have to bite the apple
and send another pile of greenbacks I guess. But so far it have
not happened, and probably never will with the obviously nice bunch
of people we have on this list. And with trust in The Mail...

Just a thought...
Yours
/Odd

--