Re: Retaping wiring harness

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Retaping wiring harness
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:31:14 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-01-08 13:33:04 EST, walker05@camosun.bc.ca writes:

> Lee Valley Tools, and I suspect other specialty-hardware type stores, sell
>  a product that is best described as "non-adhesive silicone tape"- it
>  sticks only to itself (something to do with cross-molecular bonds) and
>  it's waterproof.  I don't think it would be fun to try to remove this
>  stuff, but I guess it would work for harnesses.  Probably better for hose
>  repair.

See the Feb-Mar '98 British Car magazine article "Electrical Systems" (on
p45).  He describes this type tape, calls it "harness wrapping tape" (p47 -
left column) and recommends it.  BTW - good article.  VERY basic but good.
It is the start of a series on electrical systems.  With that (and our own
electrical guru -DANMAS) we can't lose.  Cheers.

Art Kelly