Re: TR6 Stainless Steel Brake lines

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Stainless Steel Brake lines
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 23:07:18 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
rgb@exact.com wrote:

> Does anyone have a source for Stainless Steel Brake lines
> for the TR6?  Not the hoses, but a complete set of SS lines
> pre-bent on a CNC machine?
>
> This is cheaper than cleaning the old ones and replating, not
> to mention the elimination of rust, kinks, etc. and lasting shine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879

Roger;
By now you have gotten plenty of information on SS brake lines including
their high cost.  An alternative I found are the cupro-nickel brake line
sets made and sold by Automec in the UK.  This material combines the
best of both metals and the kit is complete including a special wrench
and new pipe clips and comes in a special oil-resistant box, perfect for
the garage floor.  Every pipe is color coded and is just the right
size.  They are not pre-bent and require a special 3-16ths pipe
bender(available from Eastwood). Unlike pure copper, once bent its best
not to bend again more than a little bit.  They are not that hard to
install, just take one pipe off at a time and use for a template.  The
cost is a little over a $100 and they take orders by phone and accept
Visa and MC.  Phone 1280-822818.  No financial interest-----
Bob