Re: So you,(I),thought you,(I),knew about Wrenches/Spanners

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: So you,(I),thought you,(I),knew about Wrenches/Spanners
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 16:09:09 EST
Date:   06/01/98
To:     krisc@pi.bnis.net.au

In a message dated 06/01/98  21:26:15, you write:

<< Hi Guys
 these slim spanners of yours ? are you certain that they are not Tappet
 spanners? these tended to be slim, as you needed slim spanners to fit in
 with the screw driver etc. & invarably were black.
 If they are look after them I still have my fathers set locked away from
 the kids & they are almost 19 years old.

Good question,but no,these are the ones that came with the cars as an owners-
set of servicing spanners,in a small red plastic pouch,blue on Continental
cars and both with a Triumph shield heat engraved into the pouch.
Even I haven't found a totally unmarked red pouch yet,but do have a blue one.
(Red one still required if there are any out there listening!)

 While I've got you guys, have you heard of a 2L estate made in 62??

Ummm,do you mean the Triumph 2000 (Mk.1) Estate with 'bullnose' ?
or are you talking Vitesse Estates? if so,there were (about) 17 of those
assembled at the Western Avenue Standard-Triumph Service Depot,in
Brentford,west London from approximately 1966-68,and I believe they were
either Dark Blue or Valencia.
But not in 1962 AFAIK but I could be wrong?

Regards
Leon