More wire wheel questions?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More wire wheel questions?
From: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:26:01 -0500
Hi everyone,

Is there a difference in hardness of metal when comparing wire wheels to hubs?
The reason for my asking is that I might be purchasing excellent wire wheels
and will be putting them onto to OK(not great) hubs.

Generally, are the hubs of a harder material than the wheels(i.e. wheels wear
out faster) or is it vice versa.  Hubs are cheaper than wheels so if save money
by buying used hubs I'd really like to.

Also, anyone had any experience with resmoothing out knockoffs that are burred
or pitted.  Would a dremel work in this instance?

Last question.  Has anyone ever had any problems with buying Factory Dunlop
wire wheels only to find out that they are not true out of the box?  I heard
rumors.

Thanks for any and all replies sent.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi