re: TR6 Exhaust manifold

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: re: TR6 Exhaust manifold
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:37:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Conversation-id: <3.0.4.32.19980105064039.009068a0@pacbell.net>
Posted-date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:34:34 -0800 (PST)
Hello Barry,

    Interesting comment on your experience with the High Temp coating.  Did you
apply it to the 'stock' rough cast exhaust manifold or to tubular headers?  I
ask because, in my experience, it does not work on smooth surfaces like
headers; it would begin to flake off within a week or two.

   I was skeptical about the product until I saw the results on some of our
local hot-rods.  Quite a few have used it without problems, but it seems that
it requires rough surfaces to bond correctly.

-Steve Sutton
'74 TR-6
Ridgecrest, CA

<snip>