TR6 Exhaust manifold

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Exhaust manifold
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 00:15:32 -0800
One of my many winter projects is removing the starter,
carbs, intake and exhaust manifolds. Doning some rebuild
and detailing.

As appears common, the exhaust manifild is all rust discolored
and looks like hell compared the intake manifold. I plan on
wire brushing (the type you attach to your 1/4" drill) the
exhaust manifold. My question is what is the proper way
to paint this to prevent future rusting/discoloration. I'm
looking at aluminum/heat resistant spray but not sure if
this is correct.

Your thoughts.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6

P.S. I ordered the carb rebuild kits from TRF's winter special.
Was a bit pissed when they said they'd be on back order at time
of my call.  Run a special and not have the item in stock! Common
boys.  Still haven't gotten the rebuild kits and the carbs are
all detailed and ready to go.  Will be calling TRF this week to
see what's up.  Anyone else still wainting on the kits?