re: TR6 Exhaust manifold

To: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: TR6 Exhaust manifold
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:45:24 -0800
Conversation-id: <34B096A4.7E5E@lancnews.infi.net>
Posted-date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:42:25 -0800 (PST)
Scott,

    I sandblasted my exhaust manifold and coated it with a product from
Eastwood (800-345-1178) called 'Stainless Steel Gray High Temp Coating' (part #
1256Z).  It is also available in black (part# 1215Z).

It comes in a pint can, which is enough for several TR-6 size manifolds, and
you apply it with a brush.  After 1 1/2 years and 5,000 miles the manifold
still looks like brand-new.  No chipping, flaking, etc.  A very good product.
But the surface must be spotless (hence the sandblasting) for proper adhesion.
It cost $15.

Not related to Eastwood, just a satisified customer.

Steve Sutton
'74 TR-6
Ridgecrest, CA

For those of you that don't know about Eastwood, the have great auto
restoration related tools and products.  Expensive but good.