ZS carb question

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ZS carb question
From: Isaac Crow <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:40:08 -0500
Hello List,

On my '70 GT6 engine, I have dual CD 150's, the exact model of which I
don't know.  I am trying to remove the float bowls for cleaning, float
adjustment, and needle vlave replacement, and don't seem to be able to
get them off.  I get all 6 screws out but the bowls still stick firmly
in place.  Any other ZS's I have worked on come right off.  The
difference I see on these is that that brass plug on the bottom has a
groove in it as though it is meant to be unscrewed with a BIG
screwdriver.  Would this be keeping the float bowls on the carb bodies?
I though this was just some kind of plug in the bowl itself.  Anybody
have any idea what I am talking about? Got any ideas?

--
Isaac Crow
"Nothing screams poor craftsmanship