ZS carb question

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: ZS carb question
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 07:50:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Isaac C. writes:
 <  snip  >
>  Any other ZS's I have worked on come right off.  The
>difference I see on these is that that brass plug on the bottom has a
>groove in it as though it is meant to be unscrewed with a BIG
>screwdriver.  Would this be keeping the float bowls on the carb bodies?
****************************
It's very likely as this plug contains an 'O' ring, which if stuck, will
prevent the bowl from being easily removed, and your right, that big slot
is just for that, you unscrew the brass plug with a "big" screw driver.
Sometimes a quarter will work, it depends on how tightly they are screwed
in -

Barry Schwartz   (San Diego)
bschwart@pacbell.net

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (When I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spit (Currently undergoing a frame off)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler)