Re:More Idiots

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:More Idiots
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 23:42:18 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
This one I almost forgot about.

When I was 16 my girlfriend had a1963 Comet.  I gave that car all
kinds of attention.  The body work and paint job left something to be
desired so I told her I would correct that.  I spent evenings and
weekends learning the body work art.  Came the day that I was ready
to paint the car a nice bright metalic blue.  I took the car to the
little shop where I worked part time as a power tool repairman. This
shop was about the size of a large 4 stall garage with a garage door
at one end.  I pulled the car in, masked everything that needed to be
masked on the car and got ready to paint.  At this point in time I
didn't know anything about overspray.  So I proceeded to paint the
car.  For my first paint job it actually came out looking pretty
good.  Unfortunately so did everything else in the shop.  The entire
shop turned metalic blue.  Needless to say my boss was quite unhappy
with the new color of everything in the shop.  I spent quite a few
nights unpainting that place.  I never made that mistake again, but
there have been others....

Brad
1964 Spitfire