Re: Fuses [was Confuse about fuses!]

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuses [was Confuse about fuses!]
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 21:34:08 GMT
Dan writes:

> the National Electric Code, which governs most electrical installations in
>this
> country, is published by the National Fire Protection Association, rather than
> by an electrical engineering organization as one might think)

And they were originally funded by the *insurance companies*.  This
may still be the case.

>When I'm asked why I used eight fuses, my reply is "because Triumph
>used 5 too few from the factory."

He he.  It's certainly true.  My wiring harness has a sear mark
running from the bulkhead to where the old anti-dieseling solenoid
used to be mounted...presumeably shorted out on the P.O.
The fuses, however,  survived the ordeal in fine fettle.  Thank
Goodness they were saved. :-)

>Once again, I've started talking and can't shut up. I hope this is of help to
>you. Actually, I liked Tom's answer much better, especially the bit about
>electrons traveling in the wrong direction! Take everything I've said with a
>grain of salt, because, as I said, I am not a fuse expert.
>
>Dan Masters,

Don't stop talking Dan.  I archive a large percentage of your well
thought-out posts for reference.  Your idea of "down rating" the
original fuse sizes is intriguing.  I'll hafta' look at this for the
Spit.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits <too cold to "meltdown" tonight>