Wnd update on the early Spitfire find

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wnd update on the early Spitfire find
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 18:04:13 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
The first time I looked at the car I wasn't looking at it with the
view of restoring.  I was only interested in parts and was in a hurry
anyway since the real purpose of my visit was looking for parts for
my 51 dodge truck. (another restoration project).

On my second visit I looked at it much closer.  The bonnet is
salvagable, the boot is ok, All of the chrome bumpers are worth the
obtaining.  Radiator is present, engine block with distributor but
nothing else, seat frames are present (sort of).  Driver door wasted.
The floor boards are GONE.  There is a lot of rust through out the
lower left side of the body.  The frame appears to be perfectly
straight, and the front valiance looks ok.  Wiring is wasted.
Softtop frame is there but is rusty.  All 4 hubcaps are present and
in pretty good shape.  I was going to buy the car when quoted over
the phone $200.  When I got back to the yard the price had gone up to
$300.  So I did not purchase the car.  I did pull some parts however
and would be happy to obtain other parts that someone might be
interested in.

Brad
1964 Spitfire