Re: Lotus Europa Twincam spec car

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lotus Europa Twincam spec car
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 19:38:46 -0500
At 12:50 PM 12/31/97 -0600, Dave Terrick wrote:
>Hi all,  and happy new year!
>
>I have a chance to purchase one of the above mentionned cars, "ready to
>restore".    He who owns it knows what it is and is very knowledgable (also
>has a 63 Super 7 II, Cosworth 1340 spec,  12,000 ORIGINAL miles.... can
>anyone spare 30 grand?) about these things.
>
>If I give up my race car and delay the TR4 a bit I could have the wee
>beast.  My question to all of you...
>
>Am I nuts?  Have any of you done this particular car?  Any idea what it's
>worth or how fast it'll go?
>
>Dave Terrick
>Winterpeg

If you buy it, You'll enjoy it (as long as you are not too tall). The
twincams (or "Twinks") were the fastest of the Europas.

For more info, subscribe to the Lotus Cars List.
[lotus-cars@lists.best.com]. You also can subscribe thru the team.net web
page.  Or check out the national Lotus Club: Lotus, Ltd.
[www.lotuscarclub.org].

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
'88 Lotus Esprit