Re: My own idiot story...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My own idiot story...
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 12:13:13 PST
so many of them, and i have more than my share, but the one that sticks
out the most is 1983 got my first car, a 1979 honda civic.  being a poor
student, i took to doing basic maintenance and such on my own.  the
first attempt at a tune up, oil change and such went quite well, took me
a while since i did not know that much about cars, but i was meticulous
in putting everything back right where it was and only taking out one
piece at a time to facilitate doing it right.  after it was all said and
done i stood back and admired my work, not bad...  then a friend called
and asked if they could have a ride to the shop to get thier dads car.
sure no problem...but i have to get gas first,  off i go to the gas
station, pay for my gas and when i walk out my car is engulfed in smoke,
ohhhhh great my car is on fire.  one of the service station guys grabs a
extinguisher opens the hood only to find the whole engine compartment
was just smoking,  it seems in my revelry of doing this job all by
myself for the first time, i forgot to put the cap back on the oil inlet
on top of the engine, and of course oil all over the now warm block, the
hood, the wheel wells,  and in public view.  my friend who needed the
ride and i still talk and the only story he can tell people when i first
meet one of his friends is how "this idiot" did that.

my 2 cents

larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U

currently topless/wireless/swaybarless/water pump less etc.

wired by a blind orangatan in a dark garage on a moonless
night.

pardon me i have been looking for myself, have you seen me
anywhere?