Re: Tranny questions

To: HMENTZEN <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tranny questions
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 09:39:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hans,
     The first place I would check is under the rubber boot that covers
the clutch master cyl. linkage.Most of the ones I've seen, the pin has
worn the fork to an egg shaped hole(also wearing the pin).This creates
slop and not as much push for the clutch.I do not know if it would be
enough to cause problems you describe. I have not found anywhere these
"forks" are aval. new. I had 1/4 or5/16 washers (forget what size the
pin is.) carefully welded to the outside of the fork to make the hole
round again,and bought new pins.I have not installed yet,but it appears
that this will take up the slack in the linkage and give me more
positive clutch engagement.
            Anyone know where to buy replacement "forks" for clutch and
brake master cyls??
                          Hope this helps,
                          Bob Harris