Idiot of The Year

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Idiot of The Year
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 07:30:56 -0800
Why do you people on the list have to bring-up old memories, here goes
Spent 5 years doing a frame-up on a 31 Model-A, needed to install fuel
and adjust carb, push her out of my garage and against my wifes car
sitting in the driveway, start-up adjust carb sounds great, lets go for a
drive, back the wifes car down the drive around the culdasac pull up in
front of my house, WOW look at that Model A come down the hill by it's
self with no driver, two rear fenders, drivers door, front cowl, drivers
running board, one driveway post , two mail boxes, four paper boxes, two
kids bikes, in the ditch and against the telephone pole, $ 6500.00
damage, three more years to restore it again, just because I did not
pull-up on the emergency brake, now time wise and money wise I think this
is going to be hard to top, but it is a award I would rather not have.
The "A" runs just great now but the owner still has a hole through his
temple about the size a 38 would make.