Lawrence Tuned Engines

To: TR Digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lawrence Tuned Engines
From: John Pike <100400.3704@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 06:47:11 -0500
First off, Happy New Year to you all.  My machine has been crashed for
about 10 days, so I'm even more behind than usual.

There has been some talk of Lawrence Tuned engines, starting with a query
from Arie van der Lee back in digest 937. From my research,  Chris Lawrence
was a pioneer in tuning back in the 1960s, when he was involved with
preparing Morgans to go faster.  His company was called "Lawrencetune", and
he would give people performance goodies to various stages of tune.

Apart from the crossflow head mentioned in earlier comments, Lawrence
developed special pistons, crankshafts, oil coolers and suspension mods.  A
"Lawrence Tuned Engine" could therefore have all sorts of goodies on it (or
not) - the term would not only apply to the fancy (and very expensive)
crossflow head.

John Pike
TR3A TS75053 O