Re: moving a car in tight spaces....

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: moving a car in tight spaces....
From: Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 13:59:43 -0600
Jon,

I had a similar problem and came up with a solution that met my
needs--perhaps it may give you some ideas.  I put together a web page with
some pics and a description.  You can see it at:

http://www.centrec.com/people/rcs/mybrits/dolly.htm

Good luck,
Chris Schroeder

At 09:27 AM 1/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>One of my goals for '98 is to get my '71 stripped down to the frame.  To
>do that, I have to fit it in my garage.  I think I have space across the
>back of my garage.
>
>My question is:  Is there a way to "wedge it in" so to speak across the
>back?  I seem to remember someone describing moving the car using floor
>jacks, but this seems a little dangerous to me although cheaper than
>buying the car dolly things from Moss.  Does anyone remember this
>procedure and have any comments?  Thanks.
>
>--Jon Moody

Chris Schroeder
'75 TR-6 ( http://www.centrec.com/people/rcs/mybrits/tr-6.htm )
'76 MGB (wife's car http://www.centrec.com/people/rcs/mybrits/mainB.html )