moving a car in tight spaces....

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: moving a car in tight spaces....
From: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 09:27:29 -0500
One of my goals for '98 is to get my '71 stripped down to the frame.  To
do that, I have to fit it in my garage.  I think I have space across the
back of my garage.

My question is:  Is there a way to "wedge it in" so to speak across the
back?  I seem to remember someone describing moving the car using floor
jacks, but this seems a little dangerous to me although cheaper than
buying the car dolly things from Moss.  Does anyone remember this
procedure and have any comments?  Thanks.

--Jon Moody