Re: Non-LBC but my PC is used for Triumph work!

To: Jody007@aol.com, curry@wolfenet.com (joecurry), ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us, johnrunge@att.com, mike@spitfire.stortek.com (mikegintersa), sullij@att.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Non-LBC but my PC is used for Triumph work!
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 19:35:40 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 05/11/97  03:25:25, you write:

<<
      I have a couple of Jaz-Drives at work and got a notice from Iomega that
they had some bad disks (recall) the date was the clue.  If it was produced
back around Jan. '97 it may be bad,  Have you tried to copy the file to a
different directory on your hard drive? I'll look around my office and try to
locate the recall notice.
 Jody
 TR6 Magenta
 Tallahassee, Florida

And other listers also sent me heaps of helpful advice,which I won't repeat
on this list

Thank you very much for all that advice,much appreciated.

I don't think my drive was one of those bad ones,as it is the first & only
one I've got so far,it came with my PC,new last November (96).
the # on my cartridge is 083096 0853 RAAAAA
I believe the problem may have been something to do with a bad file?
because whilst I was copying the contents of my JAZ drive onto my PC hard
disk,after I copied one particular file,it wouldn't accept any more files
either!
(it was only a jpg file from the Nasa astronomy site,no viruses etc)
But when I went thru it with my inbox repair tool,it indicated that there was
something wrong with it)
I have now deleted that 'suspect' file from my PC and completed a full
reformat of my JAZ cartridge,which now 'seems' OK again...
nb.this was the first problem with that storage system I have encountered.
I do try not to store anything too critical thereon,just in case.
Once again,thanks very much to all you computer-techno listers out there for
all your help! Thankfully my Triumphs are computer free zones and will still
run pefectly on 1st January 2000,although traffic lights/motorway signs etc
may not be working!!!
Never mind,perhaps the only cars still running will be LBC's ?
(Better fill up with fuel on 31st December 1999,in case the pumps stop
delivering fuel?)...
Kind Regards
Leon
67 Triumph Herald 1200 Cv (no chips)
63 Triumph Vitesse 2L-Mk2 (chipless also)

ps What a list!