Re: ATF in the petrol

To: Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com
Subject: Re: ATF in the petrol
From: Jim Faulkner <jrf@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 18:07:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David,

Years ago I used a product called "Rislone". This was an OIL additive. It
did successfully quiet the hydraulic lifters, and it measurably reduced the
oil consumption in an old 60's ford that I drove to high school. It
advertised that it freed up sticky engine internals. ATF is supposed to
help when used the same way, but I've never tried it. A couple of "old
time" mechanics I know swear by MMO, but as an OIL additive. I don't know
anything about adding any of this stuff to the gas.

Jim Faulkner
Los Alamos, NM
'72 TR-6
'65 TR-4