Re: Car in a box

To: "DUHART JOHN" <duhart@symbol.com>, "Return requested" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Car in a box
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:48:27 -0500
I will chime in here as well.  My first (but not last) experience with a
total basket case was with a Triumph TR6R motorcycle some years ago.  I
bought it because I had had a TR7 motorcycle (1973) years earlier and
wanted to get another bike.  I figured, how tough can it be.

Well, pretty tough.  Armed with parts manuals, and shop manuals, I still
had great difficulty figuring out which side of a fitting held the rubber
distance piece, and where the dojag actually went on the thingamagig.

I did get it together, after finally buying another TR6R to use as a guide
to reassembling the basket case.  So there is a lot to what the previous
writers have said.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, MS