Re: Car in a box

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested)
Subject: Re: Car in a box
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 97 14:53:44 -0400
>Paul Arildsen wrote:
 >A little help?  A little encouragement? A little reality!
 >  I have an oppourtunity to pick up a 1960 TR-3A for $1500.
> It's at a dealer and he says that even though its in boxes
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++
>Paul - while I don't have any personal experience with TR3s, I can think
of
>some questions I'd want the answers to if I were you.......
>
>How's your mechanical skill level?  Can you rebuild it without knowing
where
>all of the parts went in the first place?  Having "tried" to put
together a
>'68 Pontiac Firebird in pieces I can attest that it is far more
difficult
>than taking a car apart and putting it back together.  How much of the
car
>is missing?  Are the missing parts that you will eventually need readily

>available?  Sorry if these are self-evident questions.  It may be that
this
>is a terrific opportunity and even if you can't build it you can always
sell
>the parts to other list members.
>
>Ross D. Vincenti - Costa Mesa, CA
>64 Spitfire 4
>64 Porsche 356C Coupe

        I have to agree with Ross here.  If you don't have a good/great
knowledge about this car I would be careful.  I started my TR6 rebuild
back in Oct.  Everything is currently in boxes waiting to be put back
together.  Everything I pull a bag of bolts out of a box I thank goodness
I labeled each bag.  Just this morning I grabbed a bag and was quite
surprised to read I was looking at bolts that attached the front-cross
member (my term).

Later,
JHD IV