Re: Vitesse Trans Am Car

To: vitesse@juno.com
Subject: Re: Vitesse Trans Am Car
From: dezn490@wadnr.gov (dave eaton)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 07:19:05 -0800
Cc: Gt6nut@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hugh,

One of the Vitesse's was run for a number of years in the early 70's up here it
the Pacific Northwest by a guy by the name of Mike Rockett. He took it to a
number of SCCA national run off at Road Atlanta. They use to run the car with a
modifited GT6 engine and tranny and a Datsun 510/240Z rear suspension.
It was late sold to someone up in Vancouver B.C. where I guess in ran with
with sometyoue of Ford engine, later on it was sold again and went to England
where is was race buy someone(name excapes now) in the Triumph Sports Six Club.
Some where at home I have about 3min of home movie of this car running at
Seattle International Raceway back in about 1975(?). I once had a chance to buy
this car BUT.

Dave Eaton
71 GT6 MK3
62&65 Heralds