Re: balljoint extraction - spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jcullen@direct.ca (Jim Cullen)
Subject: Re: balljoint extraction - spitfire
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 03:17:50 GMT
Well having just been there and done that I would recommend that you use the
ball joint separator.  It makes quick work of the job and will cause you (as it
did me) to wonder why I messed around without one.  However you don't have to
buy one, go down to your local AutoZone and barrow theirs.  The one I barrowed
was a little large but it worked fine.  It turned out that the biggest problem
I had was getting the tie rod end off the threaded inner tie rod...but that's
another story.

Good Luck

Bill M.
'70 Mk3 Spitfire