Re: Spitfire--No Start?

To: James Derk <jderk@evansville.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire--No Start?
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:18:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James Derk wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> My 1980 Spitfire has been stored all winter...when I connect
> fully charged battery and turn the key, I get nada. No dash
> lights, no nothing. When I turn on headlights, etc, I get
> nothing.

Clean _all_ the connections very, very well. I don't understand the bit
about the "box." Do you mean the starter solenoid? All the paths to the
starter and the rest of the electrical circuits must be clean. If they
aren't, you've probably got enough cumulative resistance to stop all
current flow cold. You say you have a known good battery... have you put
a voltmeter on it to verify that? If it's fully charged, you should read
12.5-12.6 volts across the terminals. If you have that, then you have
some seriously corroded connectors.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....