FW: Let's talk about Triumphs!

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Let's talk about Triumphs!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:31:36 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[LESNYD@monsanto.com]]

     Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 15:46:20 -0600
     From: LESNYD@monsanto.com
     Subject: Let's talk about Triumphs!

This morning I received 4 digests from the Triumphs list in the mail.
In those digests were a total of 204 messages, and the subject matter
broke down like this:

     Personal comments
       (age, habits, jokes, etc.):                  8 ( 4%)
     TRF (including Coventry Inn and
       whining about not getting the newsletter):  69 (34%)
     Actual discussion about Triumphs:             80 (39%)
     Beer or Brits:                                38 (19%)
     Wanted/For Sale:                               7 ( 3%)
     Random non-LBC discussion:                     2 ( 1%)

I've been on this list since 1991, and I've never seen the
signal-to-noise ratio so low. This is exactly what caused me to leave
the British-Cars list a while back.

Please reread Mark's intro to the list (you get it when you subscribe,
I don't know where else it lives), and understand that each little
piece of useless fluff you send to this list goes out to lots and lots
of people, most of whom have no interest in your little aside to a
previous piece of useless fluff.

I've learned a lot from this list, but I have to admit it's been a while.

Please folks, 80 Triumph-related posts out of 204 on a Triumphs mailing list
is awful! Please think before you mail off your funnylittle comment!

Thanks for listening,

Larry in St. Louis