Re: Spitfire 1500 rear suspension fitted to Mk. 1 Spitfire?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 rear suspension fitted to Mk. 1 Spitfire?
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:01:49 -0800
Mike writes:

>Do you know if all swings springs are the same?  Specifically, I am
>wondering if there was a change to the spring when they went to the
>longer axles.
>
>I am wondering because I have a spring from a 1500 and I'm thinking about
>putting it in my Mk3.  Should I start looking for a MkIV spring to go with
>my short axles?
You're in luck.  The spring is the same length for all swing spring
Spitfires.  Just make sure you get the clamping plate, sleeve, and mounting
bracket from the Swing spring as these are different, and block off the
holes in the diff. from the two studs you will have to remove -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)