Re: Quick question - Spit headrest

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Quick question - Spit headrest
From: Rick <cattail@slip.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:35:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> Am I missing something here?  How does the headrest come out of my Spitfire
>seat?
>
> Or does it?
>
> Iım anticipating taking the seats to an upholsterer this week, and since
>headrest rebuilds are not part of the equation, Iıd just as soon
remove them, so there

> ----
> Martin Secrest
> ı74 Spitfire 1500
> FM18943U
  The headrest metal shaft has a pin driven perpendicular through it
at the other end of it (the part that you never see, 'cause you can't
pull the headrest all the way out).  This pin, which is longer than the
shaft is wide, prevents the shaft from exiting the top of the seat
whenever you attempt to pull the headrest completely free of it.
   You can pull the headrest up as far as it goes, and then hacksaw
through the shaft near where it enters the top of the seat if you like,
letting the last inch or two to drop somewhere never to be seen or
heard from again until reupholstering time, when it's located & trashed,
or deal with the pin's removal when the upholstery is removed.

   Rick deOlazarra
   '74 Spitfire 1500
   FM16701 UO