FW: Elect. tach. vs. mech. (fwd)

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: FW: Elect. tach. vs. mech. (fwd)
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 26 Mar 1997 07:43:15 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0562033394413137-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Mar 1997 07:43:15 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Mar 1997 07:43:15 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0562033394413137*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Andrew Mace wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Barry Schwartz wrote:
> There is no way I know of to use the mech tach on a non-mech distributor.
> Short of rigging some sort of crank attachment with a 2/1 reduction.  The
> electronic tachs look slightly different than the mechaniclal ones, bezels
> are a chromed rimed/black style and the pointers are slightly different as
> well as the markings.  If you replace the tach I suggest you replace all
the
> instruments as they will all look slightly different.  That's if you want
> them to all look the same.

Barry, you heretic, you! How could you suggest that? Tossing out those
wonderful gauges with that wonderful "period" font? In favor of late-style
gauges? Yeccccchh!  Ross, don't listen to him!!!! ;-) Do what I suggested,
get a late electric tach from a 1975-on Spitfire, gut it out and use the
needle, face and
chrome bezel from your old one.
Okay guys, sounds like an electric tach in a mechanical tach housing is the
way to go.  So, does anyone out there have a used, but working, post-75
electric tach from a Spitfire that they would be willing to part with?
 Please e-mail direct to:
ross.vincenti@transamerica.com or call (213) 742-4756.  Thanks.

RDV