Re: Alternators/TR4A

To: adam wahler <adamw@a2a.com>
Subject: Re: Alternators/TR4A
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:46:56 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
adam wahler wrote:

> I added an alternator to my 1967 TR4A from a BMW 325. It worked, however,
> since I am finishing a rebuild, I want to address the pulley/fan belt
> dilemma.
>
> The original pulleys for the car are for 3/4" belts, while the alternator
>pulley
> is 3/8". While it works, I want to make it all consistant.
>
> Any alternator conversions you can recommend would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Adam S. Wahler
> 1967 TR4A IRS

Adam: look into a GM "one wire" conversion. The GM alt only needs one
wire hooked up to the Pos. side of the solenoid. It is internaly
regulated, so there's no other wires. Check "Hot Rod" or "street rodder"
or the Summit Racing catalog for prices and suppliers. Mr. Gasket makes
a chrome universal bracket kit for the Gm alt. that should be adapatalbe
to our car.
 Also, check out some JApanese cars at a wrecking yard. Some of them
have alternators the size of a grapefruit!