That Beer thread...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: That Beer thread...
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 19:05:20 -0500 (EST)
Fellow listers,since I'm in apologetic mode,I must just say to Mark
J.Bradakis:
I'm still not sure exactly what Mark was trying to say in his recent mail
about the beery thread and TRF thread? sometimes I don't quiet catch the
exact meanings behind the words in some of the 'merkan english mailings?
(two nations divided by a common language,let's call the whole thing off etc)
OK,I know what Mark's point is about TRF,and I agree with him entirely.
but is he saying that we are 'losing the plot' with regards to the purity of
triumph-related speakings? that we are perhaps slipping from the true oily
path?
If so,all I can say in my defence is hands up,any of you who can honestly
admit that you have attended any triumph meeting,anywhere around this round
world,where people talk exclusively about Triumph cars? If so,then you are
sad people indeed!
As we say in England,"I'm only here for the Beer".(oh no,not again!)...
((it's OK Johnny,I told you I could stand-in for you whilst you were away on
holiday,only another 20 days to go!)).
But serious mode on now: -A BIG BIG thank you to Mark (Major Domo) J.Bradakis
himself,for making all this possible,the only international triumph
cyber-meeting in the world,and every day too.(who needs TV?)...
PS.Back into apolgetic mode again,I really must tell you all that
                        SCOTT D.KOHL,fellow lister,GT6+ driver,TSSC &
Portland Triumph Owners Assocation member,was the man responsible for putting
me in touch with Ted Schumacher,for which I remain deeply indebted to him,at
least until he receives his next shipment of his favorite English snack food
'twiglets' which are not available in the USA.  Regards to you all,Leon F
Guyot,
                                                                 (standing in
for Johnny Storm,last seen booking into a mountain chalet in Wales with a
wooly friend!)...baaa