Trip to North Cape (Nordkapp)

To: robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trip to North Cape (Nordkapp)
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 19:05:27 -0500 (EST)
Good luck on your proposed trip up north.Just thought I should say "been
there,done that,bought the reindeer skin tee-shirt"I drove my TRusty TRiumph
Herald from my London to Harwich,took a sea trip of 28 hours to
Gothenburg,Sweden,then drove via Oslo,Norway to visit a TSSC member in
Sandefjord,Norway,before driving across Sweden to Stockholm,catching the car
ferry for the 12 hour trip over to Turku,Finland,then North via Lahti,up the
left side of Finland,alongside th Baltic coast,all the way up to
Nordkapp,itself on an island off the northernmost point of the European
Mainland,then drove back again down the right-side of Finland,alongside to
border of what was then the Soviet Union,back down to Lahti,Turku,and back
home roughly the way I came in. I did that back in July 1986 Many adventures
were had along the way,and there is not,alas,space to recount them all
here,but drinking copious quantities of Finnish Lapin Kulta beer seems to
stick in my memory!        Lapin Kulta on valmistettu vuosisataisella
panimoperivteella tuhansien tunturipurojen raikkaina virtaavun vesun. or as
they say in Finland "Kir Pissa" (Cheers)...
"Kittos" (thanks).Leon (funny how it always returns to beer)