RE:TR4s in movies, Silicone fluid color

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:TR4s in movies, Silicone fluid color
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:43:36 -0500 (EST)
If you want to see a quick shot of a TR4 check out an Elvis Presley move
called "Spinout".  I think that's the correct movie-it's definitely not "Viva
Las Vegas", but for sure is an Elvis car movie.  Anyway, the cast is in a
road race where Shelly Fabares is driving a red Ferrari convertible.  She
drives it off a bridge into a river. At least that's what we're supposed to
think.  What actually happens is the film cuts away at the right moment then
shows the car being hauled out of the water by a crane.  There's no mistaking
that TR4 hood bulge on the sodden machine.  I guess they coudn't sacrifice
the Ferrari.  What a terrible thought!

Silicone brake fluid- I've had PURPLE silicone fluid in my hillclimb GT6's
hydraulics for a long time because of its properties.  If I was doing road
racing I would have used a racing brake fluid because the silicone stuff
doesn't have as good a heat rating.  Hillclimbing doesn't require the braking
lap after lap that road racing does.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com